Anybody with half a brain will steer clear of 3D printed plastic guns.
- For the price of the 3D printer you could probably purchase half-a-dozen AR15s.
- The first death by 3D gun will be a shooter, who has a gun blow up in his hand.
- You can’t print plastic bullets.
- Metal bullets will still set off a metal detector.
- The 3D printed gun is not accurate.
- The 3D printed gun fires one shot at a time, leaving bystanders just enough time to tackle you while you try to reload and carry out your assassination attempt.
The 3D printed gun is no better than a $5 zip gun made of plumbing supplies from Home Depot. But that’s not the point. The point of the 3D printed gun is to show that, when anyone can print just about anything in the privacy of their own home, restrictions and regulations are just about useless. Old solutions will not work in a new world.